Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by Cliff Woolley <cl...@yahoo.com> on 2001/02/13 20:35:17 UTC

apr_bucket_pipe_creat and friends

Following are three minor issues in the aftermath of the APR symbol name
cleanup.  I will submit patches for any/all of them if somebody concurs:

(1) I just discovered another typo from the mass-rename:
apr_bucket_create_pipe() became apr_bucket_pipe_creat().

(2) Apache's error bucket fuctions didn't get renamed to match the changes
to APR-UTIL's buckets, so we still have functions like
ap_bucket_create_error(); it's really confusing when you have
ap_bucket_create_error() immediately following an apr_bucket_heap_create()
or something.

(3) Finally, apr_bucket_foo_notimpl became apr_bucket_notimpl_foo, which
doesn't make much sense to me:

               WAS                             NOW
     apr_bucket_setaside_notimpl  =>   apr_bucket_notimpl_setaside
     apr_bucket_split_notimpl     =>   apr_bucket_notimpl_split
     apr_bucket_copy_notimpl      =>   apr_bucket_notimpl_copy
     apr_bucket_destroy_notimpl   =>   apr_bucket_notimpl_destroy

These functions were named that way to match the names of the macros they're
placeholders for, not because they're acting on a "notimpl" bucket, as this
change would seem to imply.  So I tend to think that this part of the change
should be backed out.  Of course, of the three issues mentioned here, this
is probably the most debatable.

--Cliff

    Cliff Woolley
    cliffwoolley@yahoo.com
    804-244-8615
    Charlottesville, VA

RE: apr_bucket_pipe_creat and friends

Posted by Cliff Woolley <cl...@yahoo.com>.
Doug MacEachern [mailto:dougm@covalent.net] wrote:
> i can take care of these no problemo.

Cool, thanks.

--Cliff

RE: apr_bucket_pipe_creat and friends

Posted by Cliff Woolley <cl...@yahoo.com>.

Posted by Doug MacEachern <do...@covalent.net>.

Posted by Doug MacEachern <do...@covalent.net>.
On Tue, 13 Feb 2001 rbb@covalent.net wrote:

> +1 to all 3.

i can take care of these no problemo.

Re: apr_bucket_pipe_creat and friends

Posted by rb...@covalent.net.
+1 to all 3.

Ryan

On Tue, 13 Feb 2001, Cliff Woolley wrote:

> Following are three minor issues in the aftermath of the APR symbol name
> cleanup.  I will submit patches for any/all of them if somebody concurs:
>
> (1) I just discovered another typo from the mass-rename:
> apr_bucket_create_pipe() became apr_bucket_pipe_creat().
>
> (2) Apache's error bucket fuctions didn't get renamed to match the changes
> to APR-UTIL's buckets, so we still have functions like
> ap_bucket_create_error(); it's really confusing when you have
> ap_bucket_create_error() immediately following an apr_bucket_heap_create()
> or something.
>
> (3) Finally, apr_bucket_foo_notimpl became apr_bucket_notimpl_foo, which
> doesn't make much sense to me:
>
>                WAS                             NOW
>      apr_bucket_setaside_notimpl  =>   apr_bucket_notimpl_setaside
>      apr_bucket_split_notimpl     =>   apr_bucket_notimpl_split
>      apr_bucket_copy_notimpl      =>   apr_bucket_notimpl_copy
>      apr_bucket_destroy_notimpl   =>   apr_bucket_notimpl_destroy
>
> These functions were named that way to match the names of the macros they're
> placeholders for, not because they're acting on a "notimpl" bucket, as this
> change would seem to imply.  So I tend to think that this part of the change
> should be backed out.  Of course, of the three issues mentioned here, this
> is probably the most debatable.
>
> --Cliff

>     Cliff Woolley
>     cliffwoolley@yahoo.com
>     804-244-8615
>     Charlottesville, VA

406 29th St.
San Francisco, CA 94131

Re: apr_bucket_pipe_creat and friends

Posted by rb...@covalent.net.
+1 to all 3.

Ryan

On Tue, 13 Feb 2001, Cliff Woolley wrote:

> Following are three minor issues in the aftermath of the APR symbol name
> cleanup.  I will submit patches for any/all of them if somebody concurs:
>
> (1) I just discovered another typo from the mass-rename:
> apr_bucket_create_pipe() became apr_bucket_pipe_creat().
>
> (2) Apache's error bucket fuctions didn't get renamed to match the changes
> to APR-UTIL's buckets, so we still have functions like
> ap_bucket_create_error(); it's really confusing when you have
> ap_bucket_create_error() immediately following an apr_bucket_heap_create()
> or something.
>
> (3) Finally, apr_bucket_foo_notimpl became apr_bucket_notimpl_foo, which
> doesn't make much sense to me:
>
>                WAS                             NOW
>      apr_bucket_setaside_notimpl  =>   apr_bucket_notimpl_setaside
>      apr_bucket_split_notimpl     =>   apr_bucket_notimpl_split
>      apr_bucket_copy_notimpl      =>   apr_bucket_notimpl_copy
>      apr_bucket_destroy_notimpl   =>   apr_bucket_notimpl_destroy
>
> These functions were named that way to match the names of the macros they're
> placeholders for, not because they're acting on a "notimpl" bucket, as this
> change would seem to imply.  So I tend to think that this part of the change
> should be backed out.  Of course, of the three issues mentioned here, this
> is probably the most debatable.
>
> --Cliff

>     Cliff Woolley
>     cliffwoolley@yahoo.com