Posted to dev@maven.apache.org by John Casey <jd...@commonjava.org> on 2008/07/23 23:03:29 UTC

[PLEASE TEST] Maven 2.0.10-RC2

Hello everyone,

Okay, I think we've got all of the problems with RC1 sorted out, and the
integration tests are finally passing again.

So, without further ado, let's get RC2 out there for testing! You can
find the distribution here:

http://people.apache.org/~jdcasey/stage/apache-maven/2.0.10-RC2

(In fact, the tarballs/zipfile are here:
http://people.apache.org/~jdcasey/stage/apache-maven/2.0.10-RC2/org/apache/maven/apache-maven/2.0.10-RC2/)

Happy testing! Again, please let me know if you find any problems, and
I'll get them fixed ASAP.

Thanks,

-john

--
John Casey
Developer, PMC Member - Apache Maven (http://maven.apache.org)

Re: [PLEASE TEST] Maven 2.0.10-RC2

Posted by Jesse McConnell <je...@gmail.com>.
yep, I have others to throw on that stack then :) gl

jesse mcconnell
jesse.mcconnell@gmail.com

Re: [PLEASE TEST] Maven 2.0.10-RC2

Posted by John Casey <jd...@commonjava.org>.

Posted by Fabrice Bellingard <be...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

Posted by Michael McCallum <gh...@apache.org>.
On Thu, 24 Jul 2008 15:10:40 Michael McCallum wrote:
> I'm getting stack traces rather than the nice message when an artifact does
> not exist the repository...
For regular maven user you could almost get away with this... but for newbies
its will give them the willies and drive them away getting tonnes of stack
traces during normal behaviour.

In my case its a little worse 'cause I have 5 repositories...
* local
* overides
* java.net (proxy cached)
* restlet (proxy cached)
* central mirror (proxy cached)

so for each artifact thats new in the central repo i get 4 stack traces and
then a downloading message...

if no one goes DOH.. i know where that is i'll have a look at it later but
i'm. Its only for the lightweight http wagon BTW... obvious in the stack
trace me thinks

ta

--
Michael McCallum
Enterprise Engineer

Re: [PLEASE TEST] Maven 2.0.10-RC2

Posted by Brett Porter <br...@apache.org>.
Fixed in SVN (you can also see comment on the RC1 thread for the
reason this was occuring).

- Brett

Brett Porter
brett@apache.org
http://blogs.exist.com/bporter/

Re: [PLEASE TEST] Maven 2.0.10-RC2

Posted by Michael McCallum <gh...@apache.org>.
[...]

org.apache.maven.project.DefaultMavenProjectBuilder.assembleLineage(DefaultMavenProjectBuilder.java:1393)
        at
org.apache.maven.project.DefaultMavenProjectBuilder.buildInternal(DefaultMavenProjectBuilder.java:822)
        at
org.apache.maven.project.DefaultMavenProjectBuilder.buildFromSourceFileInternal(DefaultMavenProjectBuilder.java:507)
[...]
org.apache.maven.wagon.providers.http.LightweightHttpWagon.fillInputData(LightweightHttpWagon.java:115)

Posted by "Brian E. Fox" <br...@reply.infinity.nu>.
No doubt this is related to not resolving the contents of the build
section so that plugins like clover could fork and change things. This
might be troublesome.

Posted by John Casey <jd...@commonjava.org>.
Please file a JIRA for this issue, and if you can include a failing test
case that will make it much simpler to fix the issue.

Thanks,

-john

Posted by John Casey <jd...@commonjava.org>.
FWIW, I've opened http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/MNG-3684