Posted to users@zeppelin.apache.org by Jongyoul Lee <jo...@gmail.com> on 2017/06/03 06:04:54 UTC

[DISCUSS] Reducing default interpreters while building and releasing Zeppelin

Hi dev and users,

Recently, zeppelin.apache.org is being changed for increasing user
experiences and convenience. I like this kind of changes. I, however, saw
some arguments that which interpreters we will locate in the first page.
I'd like to expand its argument to the package we release.

Current zeppelin packages exceed 700MB with default option because Zeppelin
tried to include all interpreters by default. It was good at the early age
but, nowadays, Zeppelin community suffer from the size because ASF infra
allows the package size under 500MB. So I'd like to reduce the package size
by reducing default packages.

In case of rebuilding homepage, community proposed some criteria including
mailing list and # of question in stackoverflow. I think we can adapt same
criteria into release version of Zeppelin.

To handle this kind of issue, I think consensus of community is the most
important factor. If someone wants to have an idea to deal with it, please
feel free to talk about it.

Thanks,
Jongyoul Lee

--
이종열, Jongyoul Lee, 李宗烈
http://madeng.net

Re: [DISCUSS] Reducing default interpreters while building and releasing Zeppelin

Posted by Jeff Zhang <zj...@gmail.com>.
Downgrade is for the case that the latest version has some critical bugs
and user want to downgrade to a old version.

Jongyoul Lee <jo...@gmail.com>于2017年7月11日周二 上午2:35写道:

Posted by Jeff Zhang <zj...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Jongyoul Lee <jo...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Jongyoul Lee <jo...@gmail.com>.