Posted to java-user@lucene.apache.org by Rob Outar <ro...@ideorlando.org> on 2003/05/09 15:59:45 UTC

java.io.IOException: couldn't delete _5we.del

Hi all,

	I keep randomly getting the above exception, although it does not seem to
corrupt the index, I would like to know what is causing it.  Has anyone seen
the above error, or knows why the above error is generated?  I also get
errors about renaming of index files.

	Let me know.

Thanks,

Rob

RE: java.io.IOException: couldn't delete _5we.del

Posted by Rob Outar <ro...@ideorlando.org>.
I think it may be a garbage collection problem only seems to happen when I
am adding/removing a lot of documents to/from the index.

Thanks,

Rob

I suspect that your application isn't closing one of its readers (or
something related).  I occasionally have a similar problem, but it hasn't
gotten to the point of sufficient regularity to get me to focus on it.

Regards,

Terry