Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by Chris Withers <ch...@simplistix.co.uk> on 2009/03/23 13:25:02 UTC

FSFS upgraded from vs to v3, still no merge :-(

Konstantin Kolinko wrote:
> I used dump/load and that was enough.
>
> See: you run "svnadmin create" before running ".. load", and that creates
> a v3 FSFS for you.  You can use svnadmin load or svnsync to populate
> it with data.

Well, I did an "svnadmin upgrade" on the repository, and the error
messages in the Apache log are now gone but merges are still returning
nothing.

What gives?!

Chris

            - http://www.simplistix.co.uk

Re: FSFS upgraded from vs to v3, still no merge :-(

Posted by Chris Withers <ch...@simplistix.co.uk>.
Ross Boylan wrote:
> I did a dump and load, and things seem to be OK.  Old-style merges work.
> New style ones don't, but I assume that is because the previous database
> did not record the necessary information when I made my branch.

Time to start checking out Mercurial methinks...

Posted by Ross Boylan <ro...@biostat.ucsf.edu>.
On Mon, 2009-03-23 at 13:25 +0000, Chris Withers wrote:
> Konstantin Kolinko wrote:
> > I used dump/load and that was enough.
> >
> > See: you run "svnadmin create" before running ".. load", and that creates
> > a v3 FSFS for you.  You can use svnadmin load or svnsync to populate
> > it with data.
>
> Well, I did an "svnadmin upgrade" on the repository, and the error
> messages in the Apache log are now gone but merges are still returning
> nothing.
>
> What gives?!
>
> Chris

I did a dump and load, and things seem to be OK.  Old-style merges work.
New style ones don't, but I assume that is because the previous database
did not record the necessary information when I made my branch.

Ross