Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by "S.L" <si...@gmail.com> on 2014/12/28 17:59:37 UTC

How to implement multi-set in a Solr schema.

Hi All,

I have a use case where I need to group documents that have a same field
called bookName , meaning if there are a multiple documents with the same
bookName value and if the user input is searched by a query on  bookName ,
I need to be able to group all the documents by the same bookName together,
so that I could display them as a group in the UI.

What kind of support does Solr provide for such a scenario , and how should
I look at changing my schema.xml which as bookName as single valued text
field ?

Thanks.

Re: How to implement multi-set in a Solr schema.

Posted by "Meraj A. Khan" <me...@gmail.com>.
Thanks Jack, inorder to not affect the query time , what are the options
available to handle this as index time ? So that I group all the similar
books at index time by placing them in some kind of a set , and retrive all
the contents of the set at query time if any one them matches the query.

Posted by Jack Krupansky <ja...@gmail.com>.

Posted by "Meraj A. Khan" <me...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Aman Tandon <am...@gmail.com>.
HI,