Posted to dev@harmony.apache.org by Stuart Ballard <st...@gmail.com> on 2006/11/14 06:03:00 UTC

Japitools 0.9.7 released

I'm thrilled to be able to announce four things:

1) After far too long a wait, Japitools 0.9.7 "Life, liberty[1] and
the pursuit of Japiness" has been released.

This release includes the following improvements over 0.9.5:

- Almost complete 1.5 language support, including generics, enums and
varargs methods. The only missing feature for full language support
(and the only blocker for a 1.0 release) is annotations. Big thanks to
Jeroen Frijters for doing the heavy lifting of teaching Japitools to
parse these features in .class files.

- The ability to mark methods as not implemented by adding
"NotImplementedException" to the throws clause. This allows Japitools
to give results that more accurately match reality when parts of an
API are known to have been "stubbed out" rather than actually being
implemented.

- The ability to traverse packages non-recursively (thanks to a
contribution from Jaroslav Tuloch), making it easier to correctly
specify the packages that are part of a public API, especially when
that API is large. The new japiextractpkgs tool allows the list of
packages to be extracted from Javadoc documentation.

- An Ant task for running Japitools, thanks again to Jaroslav.

- Too many bug fixes and minor enhancements to name, including a lot
of changes that eliminate false positives and false negatives from the
results. Thanks to many people for bug reports, feature suggestions
and help in testing.

2) That there is now a Japitools mailing list,
japitools-list@nongnu.org. See the mailing lists page
(http://sab39.netreach.com/Software/Japitools/Mailing_Lists/52/) for
more information.

3) That Japitools has a new homepage, http://sab39.netreach.com/japi/.
It's ugly, and it's still a work in progress - some sections are still
missing content, and others still have content that hasn't entirely
been updated to match the current state of reality. I didn't want to
delay any further getting the new release into people's hands. I'll
continue working on filling out the content.

4) That Sun are AWESOME today!

Stuart.

[1] https://openjdk.dev.java.net/

--
http://sab39.netreach.com/

Re: Japitools 0.9.7 released

Posted by "Geir Magnusson Jr." <ge...@pobox.com>.
Congratulations!  Nice work!

geir

(I heart Japitools)

Re: Japitools 0.9.7 released

Posted by Alexey Petrenko <al...@gmail.com>.
Great news!

Thanks, Stuart, for creation and support of such useful software!

SY, Alexey