Posted to user@lenya.apache.org by Andreas Kuckartz <A....@ping.de> on 2004/02/26 11:54:14 UTC

To do (Re: Lenya Pilot Project: Some feedback requierd.)

> IMHO we should release now. Christian, do you have any
> objections?

I do have objections.

Currently 11 unresolved issues are assigned to milestone 1.2 and 5 issues are
not assigned to any milestone. Both numbers should be reduced to zero before 1.2
is released. That can be done by resolving the issues or postponing them (after
evaluating their significance). I would like to suggest a third release
candidate. RC2 should not be released.

I know that lots of improvements were implemented after the 1.0 "release" but
there still are a few really sharp edges which will hurt (not only) beginners
and probably can be easily resolved. For example: the OSCOM publication can be
included but explicitely marked as "broken".

The released version should be usable by most new users without them
experiencing problems like: "Lenya does not start" or "I see an error message
immediately after starting Lenya". That is: they should have a good first
impression - and the experience should not degrade to much after that.

Milestone 1.2:
25568 Starting BLOG authoring area -> Page not published
26114 cocoon-lenya-latest-bin.exe for 1.2 has bad path in log4j.pr
26636 lenya.sh script has DOS line breaks
26708 StaticHTMLExporter/WGet is not exporting css files in link t
26824 blog creator uses deprecated DateUtil class
26846 [RevisionController] view-revision doesn't show a revision
26945 Lucene: search link missing / broken for authoring area
26957 No menu items installed
26972 No account/password is mentioned for reviewer
26973 Epoz does not show tags for pages of default publication
27035 fix references to unizh in documentation and code

Unassinged to any milestone:
26768 [OSCOM][Lucene] java.io.IOException: read past EOF
26769 [OSCOM] Wrong navigation links from Lucene search screen
26959 [OSCOM] demo and/or Form Editor broken
27131 Null pointer exception on saving edit changes and publishing
27142 build.xml not contained in binary distribution of 1.2RC2

Cheers,
Andreas

Re: To do (Re: Lenya Pilot Project: Some feedback requierd.)

Posted by Andreas Kuckartz <A....@ping.de>.
Andreas Hartmann wrote:

> >>IMHO we should release now. Christian, do you have any
> >>objections?
> >
> > I do have objections.
>
> Actually, it wasn't meant that honestly. Just another
> hint that we should take care of the release ASAP.

Glad to read that ;-)

> > 26636 lenya.sh script has DOS line breaks
> No idea

That should be simple. The person who builds the gz or zip-file can manage that.

> > 26957 No menu items installed
> No idea

They were installed with 1.2RC1 !

Posted by Andreas Kuckartz <A....@ping.de>.

Posted by Andreas Hartmann <an...@apache.org>.
Andreas Kuckartz wrote:

>>IMHO we should release now. Christian, do you have any
>>objections?
>
> I do have objections.

Actually, it wasn't meant that honestly. Just another
hint that we should take care of the release ASAP.

> Currently 11 unresolved issues are assigned to milestone 1.2 and 5 issues are
> not assigned to any milestone. Both numbers should be reduced to zero before 1.2
> is released.

Then we won't release before 2005 :)

> That can be done by resolving the issues or postponing them (after
> evaluating their significance).

We continuously postpone issues ...
We would have to do the postponing session *immediately*
before the release. Otherwise, the bugzilla inbox is
flooded with new bugs before we can push the "Release"
button.

> I would like to suggest a third release
> candidate. RC2 should not be released.

OK. A release candidate would show our intention to release.

> I know that lots of improvements were implemented after the 1.0 "release" but
> there still are a few really sharp edges which will hurt (not only) beginners
> and probably can be easily resolved. For example: the OSCOM publication can be
> included but explicitely marked as "broken".

+1 (BTW, is the vote regarding the OSCOM pub already finished?)

> The released version should be usable by most new users without them
> experiencing problems like: "Lenya does not start" or "I see an error message
> immediately after starting Lenya". That is: they should have a good first
> impression - and the experience should not degrade to much after that.
>
> Milestone 1.2:

> 25568 Starting BLOG authoring area -> Page not published
Fix for 1.2

> 26114 cocoon-lenya-latest-bin.exe for 1.2 has bad path in log4j.pr
Postpone

> 26636 lenya.sh script has DOS line breaks
No idea

> 26708 StaticHTMLExporter/WGet is not exporting css files in link t
Postpone

> 26824 blog creator uses deprecated DateUtil class
Postpone

> 26846 [RevisionController] view-revision doesn't show a revision
Fix for 1.2

> 26945 Lucene: search link missing / broken for authoring area
Fix for 1.2 (should be easy)

> 26957 No menu items installed
No idea

> 26972 No account/password is mentioned for reviewer
Gregor, you wanted to fix this, didn't you? Otherwise postpone.

> 26973 Epoz does not show tags for pages of default publication
No idea

> 27035 fix references to unizh in documentation and code
Postpone

> Unassinged to any milestone:
> 26768 [OSCOM][Lucene] java.io.IOException: read past EOF
Fix for 1.2 (or hide OSCOM)

Posted by Dale Christ <de...@yahoo.com>.
Andreas, et al--

--- Andreas Kuckartz <A....@ping.de> wrote:

> Milestone 1.2:

> 25568 Starting BLOG authoring area -> Page not published

I get the 'Page not published' screen after I attempt to update an
entry that I've made.  A couple weeks ago, I copied my 'blog' into a
new 'groberhund' directory.  I'm planning to put this blog on the
internet (eventually).

The form editor still continues to give me problems when I make changes
to any entries or sidebar items.

I'm using the latest CVS in Lenya, as well as the latest Cocoon CVS (I
have a shell script that updates both at the same time).  I also get
the same problems is I use cocoon-2.1.4

The funny thing is, (almost) everything works with Lenya 1.2-rc2.

I'll be more than happy to supply you with my 'pub in progress' if it
will help out.  I have about 2 months worth of blogging entries on it,
so it should be a pretty good test platform.

--Dale