Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by "Prasad A. Chodavarapu" <ch...@hotmail.com> on 2002/05/07 22:26:48 UTC

JAX-RPC, Axis and Sun web services pack

Hi,

We're trying to choose a Tomcat-based SOAP toolkit for our application.
As we already have some other apps deployed using Tomcat 3.3.1, we need
a toolkit that can work with the same. Thus, Axis is clearly a choice.
However, I do like the JAX-RPC API and I'm not sure how fast Axis will
be able to conform with the latest version of it (I know, it's a moving
target; Also, are there any examples of JAX-RPC with Axis?).

http://developer.java.sun.com/developer/community/chat/JavaLive/2002/jl0
402.html

seems to say that like Sun's ref. impl. for JAX-RPC, the web services
developer pack, requires a 2.3 servlet container (tomcat 4.x?).

Any advise based on previous experiences is what I am looking for.

Thanks in advance
prasad