Posted to fx-dev@ws.apache.org by Leonardo Campanale <l....@libero.it> on 2005/03/08 23:13:47 UTC

Help about using handlers to route messages

Hello,
I'm trying to realize a porting from .Net to a Java application server
(Tomcat).
The .Net application uses two web servers: a client part, communicating
with the end user and sending requests to a second web server that
provides web services.
Many requests are simply re-routed from the front end  web server to the
back end  via ws-addressing + ws-referral. This last one is used to map
logical addresses to physical ones (using a routing table).
And now  I'm trying to translate this mechanism  that is actually used
in .Net  to forward WS requests among different applications in a web
enironment.
In particular the soap message sent to a web server contains an header
(ws-addressing); the server receives the message, intercepts the
header,  reconverts the logical address into a  physical one (via
ws-referral) and send it to a second web servver (that implements the
web service needed by the client). Obviously it creates the opposite
path during the message response.
So, coming to my problems, I've understood that, in order to achieve
this objective,  I have to implement an handler (possibly extending the
addressing handlers provided by the axis ws-addressing implementation).
But I've not understood how to extend it and what the handlers provided
are capable to dd.
And which handler is the best choice for my need. E.g.
    org.apache.axis.message.addressing.handler.AddressingHandler
            or
    org.apache.ws.addressing.handler.ServerSideAddressingHandler

I would appreciate very much a sample of this kind of handler usage;
but, any suggestion would be useful.

Consider that I'm trying to direct the customer toward a massive use of
Java solution but the customer is disappointed by the actual supported
functionalities, having discovered, for example  that the ws-referral
mecanism is not actually supported in Java  and so we have to code the
conversion among the "logical" and physical address inside the
ws-addressing mechanism.
Thanks in advance.

Leonardo Campanale