Posted to users@myfaces.apache.org by Cyrille37 <cy...@gmail.com> on 2006/07/19 10:41:15 UTC

JSF and custom design

Hello,

I'm still looking the web to learn how to make a choice of Java
technologies for a future WebApplication project.
JSF is in spotlight... Well it seems good, but I cannont see how to
manage the design aspect.

Here are 2 of my needs :

1. Graphics designer should make pages with a products like Dreamweaver
or GoLive. I only find the JSFToolbox product for DreamWeaver. Is there
some other ?

2. The future WebApplication has to running the same code with different
design. Is it possible to get different design with JSF ? Like different
CSS ?

Thanks for you comments,
Cyrille

RE: JSF and custom design

Posted by Ian Hlavats <ih...@tarantulaconsulting.com>.
Hello,

We are developing a Facelets extension for Dreamweaver. It should be
available soon.

Ian
JSFToolbox Team

facelets acts as a template engine. Designers can import facelets tld
(provided from facelet site) in dreamweaver and have support for it.
JSFToolbox do deisgn "dreamwever style" which is not a goot pattern....

--
::SammyRulez::
http://www.kyub.com/blojsom/blog/sam/

Re: JSF and custom design

Posted by "::SammyRulez::" <sa...@gmail.com>.

Re: JSF and custom design

Posted by Cyrille37 <cy...@gmail.com>.
Ian Hlavats a écrit :
> Hi Cyrille,
>
> You mentioned you are looking for JSF support in Dreamweaver. Did you try
> JSFToolbox? If so, did you find any issues with the tool? We are always
> looking for feedback from users on how to improve the software.

Hello Ian.

I did not try JSFToolbox.
At this time I'm thinking about using Facelet to get the design/code
separation.

Cyrille.

RE: JSF and custom design