Posted to users@jackrabbit.apache.org by Markus Joschko <ma...@gmail.com> on 2011/04/13 08:53:27 UTC

Temporarily switching jackrabbit version

I have asked that question before on the sling mailing list but I
guess it is more appropraite here:
The current stable sling release uses jackrabbit 2.1.1 which has a bug
as it does not respect sv:multiple
on properties during import operation.

This bug is fixed in the latest jackrabbit release (which is available
in sling trunk). However I would like to stick to the stable release
of sling.

So I tried some kind of workaround and connected with the latest
jackrabbit cli to the existing repository (2.1.1) and imported
successfully.
Afterwards I continued with sling and jackrabbit 2.1.1 and so far
haven't had any problems.

Before doing so in production I would like to ask whether this
temporary switching of jackrabbit versions on the repository can have
consequences
I can not easily recognize.

Thanks,
 Markus

Re: Temporarily switching jackrabbit version

Posted by Jukka Zitting <jz...@adobe.com>.
Hi,

On 04/13/2011 10:32 AM, Markus Joschko wrote:
> However that means I might run into problems switching from 2.1.1 to
> 2.2.5 and back?

Correct, going back across minor releases is not supported.

For example in 2.2 we optimized the way content is serialized before
being persisted, which means that Jackrabbit 2.1 is not able to read
content stored by Jackrabbit 2.2.

--
Jukka Zitting

Re: Temporarily switching jackrabbit version

Posted by Markus Joschko <ma...@gmail.com>.
Thanks Jukka. However that means I might run into problems switching
from 2.1.1 to 2.2.5 and back?
I'll check if 2.1.3 has fixed the import bug.

Regards,
 Markus

Posted by Jukka Zitting <jz...@adobe.com>.
Hi,