Posted to doc@openoffice.apache.org by Dale Hawkinson <dp...@hawknestks.com> on 2016/12/02 18:26:01 UTC

new doc volunteer

Hello.

My name is Dale P. Hawkinson. I have used and greatly appreciated AOO for
several years (since 3.4.1). I have been a math instructor at Kansas State
University for 35 years. In the past, I have made meager cash donations to the
AOO project, but now feel that I should offer my time to see the project
continue to flourish.

I have a modest knowledge of html/css/js, and have produced both written and
online interactive instructional materials.

EX 1 https://www.math.ksu.edu/~dph/MATH100_CC/MATH100_readings/25/

EX 2 https://www.math.ksu.edu/~dph/DCalc/BasicTutorial/  (Note: flash-based)

I would like to offer my service to the AOO Documentation Team for several
reasons. First, it is a very commendable project as a whole, and I sincerely
respect those who volunteer their time and talent to developing open source
software that is valuable to many users, especially on a global level like AOO
does. Second, although my skills are only above average, yet I still want to use
them in a worthy team setting and move from a "user" to a "contributor." Lastly,
I join many others, I'm sure, in desiring to advance the progress of AOO. As a
long time user and semi-developer,  I know the importance of having access to
clear, concise, correct documentation.

From my humble beginnings with a Commodore 64, I have progressed in my
understanding of software and hardware. My current rig is an ASUS X550Z with AMD
Quad Core A10-7400P, Windows 10 Home, and (of course) AOO 4.1.3. Please let me
know if I can be of assistance.

Best regards,

Dale P. Hawkinson