Posted to dev@marvin.apache.org by Wei Chen <we...@apache.org> on 2019/06/19 19:18:14 UTC

Create a new PR for revert history

Hello All,

While waiting for the artifact set up on the sonatype server,
I think we can revert the history of the filename change first.
(which is currently part of the PR#25
https://github.com/apache/incubator-marvin/pull/25)

One reason why we didn't move on with the PR is that I am waiting for the
artifact to decide whether we should also remove the history of 2 bin files.
marvin-engine-server-assembly.jar
<https://github.com/apache/incubator-marvin/blob/develop/engine-executor/build/marvin-engine-server-assembly.jar>
python-toolbox.tgz
<https://github.com/apache/incubator-marvin/blob/develop/engine-executor/build/python-toolbox.tgz>

After all, I think we all agree that we shouldn't keep the bin file in the
repo to minimize the size of the repo, as we should also clear of the
history of it for faster cloning.

Therefore, I will work out a new PR to remove the history of all rename
files plus these 2 bin files.

Is everyone OK with that?

Best Regards
Wei

Re: Create a new PR for revert history

Posted by Wei Chen <we...@apache.org>.
OK.
In this case, if we push a PR with the history of a file already revert, I
don't think it will affect the git history right?

Best Regards
Wei

Posted by Luciano Resende <lu...@gmail.com>.
Please, no push —force.....