Posted to user@openmeetings.apache.org by George Kirkham <gk...@co2crc.com.au> on 2012/05/11 09:57:11 UTC

RE: Request for improvement - Square and Ellipse default to no fill colour

Sebastian,

Storing these settings in a cookie would be a nice touch but if it means
extra work,  let's make it as easy as possible.

One issue for using cookies is that if you use different PCs then you
have to remember to make the setting again. The Cookie would certainly
help with people who like to use a favourite colour.

For me, simply having the default for fill to be turned off would be
great as I don't use the fill at all. If you were going to use fill,
turning it on and selecting the colour you want should not be that much
of an issue?

Just to ask, do you use the fill colour much?  If people do, then having
the cookies would be a great bonus.  I guess I never actually create
images on the white board, just draw on an uploaded slides or documents.

Thanks,

George Kirkham

Posted by George Kirkham <gk...@co2crc.com.au>.
Thanks Daniel, I appreciate your comment, and that you are reading the
posting people make and are responding, I hope that other may think
about this and make comment.

I am also interested in Moodle, so I am very interested in anything you
end up doing, and how to set it all up.  Just I am very busy right now
working with OpenMeetings itself, I am not quite ready to add another
application to my work load.  There was a change that people in my
organisation may use it, but nothing has happened yet.  I did hear from
a friend studying in a local university that the really don't like
Moodle or understand how it can be helpful, but then they did explain
that it was not managed very well, the lectures who use it have no
common standard and so every lecturer's pages are inconsistent with each
other and what content is available varies between lecturer, leaving the
students very consfused.  I am hoping that the implementation where you
are is much better.  Maybe one day we could use OpenMeetings and you
could show me how your University is making use of Moodle?

Thanks,

George Kirkham

IT Manager

Cooperative Research Centre For Greenhouse Gas Technologies (CO2CRC)

NFF House, 14 - 16 Brisbane Avenue, Barton, ACT, 2600, Australia

T: (02) 6120 1600

F: (02) 6273 7181

E: gkirkham@co2crc.com.au,

W: www.co2crc.com.au

I think making the default completely transparent makes sense. Then
users can change from there as needed.

Dan

Posted by Daniel Ascher <da...@aplustutoring.com>.

--