Posted to general@jakarta.apache.org by Roland Weber <os...@dubioso.net> on 2007/07/31 20:59:11 UTC

HttpClient 3.x Homepage

Hi all,

the HttpClient 3.x homepage seems to have moved to
http://commons.apache.org/httpclient/index.html

I'm a bit surprised to notice that, considering that
I had started a discussion about the future location
of that site which has not lead to a conclusion.
I would at least have expected some kind of advance
warning before a page for which we are responsible
is moved?

cheers,
  Roland

Re: HttpClient 3.x Homepage

Posted by Roland Weber <ro...@apache.org>.
Henri Yandell wrote:
> Sorry, yeah. Just doing things at the macro level and then trying to
> figure out what got screwed up lower down.
>
> So what should we do?

Oleg is planning to cut the 3.1 final release
within the next two weeks. He'll re-create the
site below /httpcomponents/ on that occasion.
Once that is done, we'll drop you (dev@commons)
a note that you can set up a redirect and
remove your copy of the site.

If it doesn't interfere with the Commons redirect
from jakarta.a.o to commons.a.o, I would suggest
to also set up a second redirect from the original
location at j.a.o/commons/httpclient/, to avoid
double redirection for the plenty of links in
our mailing list archives.

cheers,
  Roland

Re: HttpClient 3.x Homepage

Posted by Roland Weber <ro...@apache.org>.
Hello Henri,

> Sorry, yeah. Just doing things at the macro level and then trying to
> figure out what got screwed up lower down.
>
> So what should we do?

Since it's too late to keep the page in place,
we thought about setting it up somewhere below
//jakarta.a.o/httpcomponents/ and redirecting
from //commons.a.o/httpclient/ back to Jakarta.

Oleg meant to combine that with the 3.1 release,
but we could also just move the page for now.
I have some time I can spend on it this weekend.

cheers,
  Roland

Re: HttpClient 3.x Homepage

Posted by Henri Yandell <ba...@generationjava.com>.