Posted to users@cxf.apache.org by Jatinder Singh <ja...@bayatree.com> on 2011/11/12 11:09:40 UTC

Getting error in java code while calling the web service

Hello

I'm using cxf 2.4.2 framework to call the web service from client machine.
While I call the web service (java code) then i get the following message

Caused by: com.sun.xml.messaging.saaj.SOAPExceptionImpl:
{http://www.w3.org/2003/05/soap-envelope}Server is not a standard Code value

Why this is happening. Is there any problem in java code or the issue with
at the server end?
Any suggestion will be appreciated.

Thanks
Jatinder

Re: Getting error in java code while calling the web service

Posted by Daniel Kulp <dk...@apache.org>.
On Saturday, November 12, 2011 3:39:40 PM Jatinder Singh wrote:
> Hello
>
> I'm using cxf 2.4.2 framework to call the web service from client machine.
> While I call the web service (java code) then i get the following message
>
> Caused by: com.sun.xml.messaging.saaj.SOAPExceptionImpl:
> {http://www.w3.org/2003/05/soap-envelope}Server is not a standard Code value

Actually, just looked this up and this looks like a bug on your server side.
When using SOAP 1.2 (which that namespace implies), the code should be
"Receiver" not "Server".   "Server" is what SOAP 1.1 used.  Thus, it looks
like the server is mixing up some SOAP 1.1 and 1.2 semantics.

Dan

--
Daniel Kulp
dkulp@apache.org