Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Tony Nelson <tn...@starpoint.com> on 2007/05/17 17:25:07 UTC

Hopefully an easy one

I have a simple DatePicker

                    <input jwcid="asOfDate@DatePicker"
value="ognl:tradeSearchKeys.receivedTimesheetForWeekEnding"
                        translator="translator:date,pattern=M/d/yyyy"
                        validators="validators:required"
                        displayName="As of Date"/>

All that I want to do is verify that the user entered the date as
MM/DD/YYYY.

What is the correct validator to use in this situation?

Thanks again
Tony Nelson

Re: Hopefully an easy one

Posted by Daniel Kleine-Albers <dk...@dka-edv.net>.
Hi Tony,

would using a minDate validator be an option - to restrict valid
values to dates later as 01/01/2007 for example?

Best regards
Daniel

Re: Hopefully an easy one

Posted by Tony Nelson <tn...@starpoint.com>.

Re: Hopefully an easy one

Posted by Andreas Andreou <an...@di.uoa.gr>.
doesn't translator="translator:date,pattern=MM/dd/yyyy" work?

On 5/17/07, Tony Nelson <tn...@starpoint.com> wrote:

> I have a simple DatePicker
>
>                     <input jwcid="asOfDate@DatePicker"
> value="ognl:tradeSearchKeys.receivedTimesheetForWeekEnding"
>                         translator="translator:date,pattern=M/d/yyyy"
>                         validators="validators:required"
>                         displayName="As of Date"/>
>

> All that I want to do is verify that the user entered the date as
> MM/DD/YYYY.
>
> What is the correct validator to use in this situation?
>
> Thanks again
> Tony Nelson

Andreas Andreou - andyhot@apache.org - http://andyhot.di.uoa.gr
Tapestry / Tacos developer