Posted to dev@sling.apache.org by Timothée Maret <ti...@gmail.com> on 2013/05/13 12:08:41 UTC

Support allowed hosts patterns in ReferrerFilter

Hi,

The current "allow.hosts" setting of the ReferrerFilter can be configured
with a list of trusted hosts.
In a setup where the list of allowed hosts is expending as the application
runs, it becomes tricky to keep the configuration in sync.
As an example, a service which supports wilcard uris such as <userId>.
my.service.com would be required to modify the reference filter
configuration for each user which is hardly doable.

Thus, I would propose to support regex patterns for the list of
"allow.hosts". which would still be secure.

The example above would be configured as:
allow.hosts=*.my.service.com

wdyt ?

Regards,

Timothee.

Re: Support allowed hosts patterns in ReferrerFilter

Posted by Timothée Maret <ti...@gmail.com>.
Hi Carsten,

I have opened SLING-2870 and opened a pull request [0] with the patch.
One thing to note is that some "exotic" chars used in the java regex such
as '*' are valid uris chars [1], thus those should be escaped for backward
if the patch is applied.

Regards,

Timothee.

[0] https://github.com/apache/sling/pull/6
[1] http://www.ietf.org/rfc/rfc2396.txt

--
Timothée Maret

Re: Support allowed hosts patterns in ReferrerFilter

Posted by Carsten Ziegeler <cz...@apache.org>.
Hi Timothée,

--
Carsten Ziegeler
cziegeler@apache.org

RE: Support allowed hosts patterns in ReferrerFilter

Posted by Jeff Young <je...@adobe.com>.
+1