Posted to solr-dev@lucene.apache.org by "Peuss, Thomas" <Th...@ibxeurope.com> on 2007/12/13 14:25:35 UTC

Where to get a request handlers config from?

Hello!

I have problems accessing the configured defaults for a request handler.
Where do I get them now from? The field "defaults" in RequestHandlerBase
seems always be null even when there are defaults configured.

Thanks for your help
Thomas

RE: Where to get a request handlers config from?

Posted by "Peuss, Thomas" <Th...@ibxeurope.com>.
Hello Walter!

I am not writing my own request handler. I deal with SOLR-127 and need
access to the configuration of the request handler to look for my HTTP
caching parameters. Maybe this is the wrong approach and there is
another solution. Maybe the new "Search Component" feature is the right
way to plug in. Maybe someone can enlighten me.

I have a look at the Search Component stuff now.

CU
Thomas

AFAIK they are set in the init method of the handler - if you override
the init in your handler, try with a super.init(args);

Posted by Walter Ferrara <wa...@gmail.com>.