Posted to dev@openmeetings.apache.org by "seba.wagner@gmail.com" <se...@gmail.com> on 2020/09/24 02:26:09 UTC

Add STUN config

Seems like default recommendation is to have first STUN and then TURN
config options in the iceCandidates:
https://doc-kurento.readthedocs.io/en/stable/features/kurento_utils_js.html

*configuration*: It is a JSON object where ICE Servers are defined using

   -

   iceServers <https://w3c.github.io/webrtc-pc/#idl-def-RTCIceServer>: The
   format for this variable is like:

   [{"urls":"turn:turn.example.org","username":"user","credential":"myPassword"}][{"urls":"stun:stun1.example.net"},{"urls":"stun:stun2.example.net"}]

I think it would try STUN before TURN. And I think there might also be some
advantage in having both available.

Should we maybe add an option to make both configurable ?

Thanks,
Seb

Sebastian Wagner
Director Arrakeen Solutions
http://arrakeen-solutions.co.nz/
<https://www.youracclaim.com/badges/da4e8828-743d-4968-af6f-49033f10d60a/public_url>
<https://www.youracclaim.com/badges/b7e709c6-aa87-4b02-9faf-099038475e36/public_url>

Re: Add STUN config

Posted by Maxim Solodovnik <so...@gmail.com>.
>  if STUN is not available it directly jumps to TURN.

I read it as: if IP can't be de-anonymized - the traffic will be
tunneled/proxied :)
I believe this need to be checked with network sniffer and or by
checking coturn logs *before* OM code will be changed :)

--
Best regards,
Maxim

Re: Add STUN config

Posted by "seba.wagner@gmail.com" <se...@gmail.com>.
Yeah I read the same.

But I'm not sure if "subset" means it actually will do STUN at all, or if
it's just based on the same kind of basics.

It may mean it never tries STUN and directly switches to TURN. That is the
same info I can find in Coturn, if STUN is not available it directly jumps
to TURN. There is no such thing like doing STUN using TURN credentials.

Re: Add STUN config

Posted by Maxim Solodovnik <so...@gmail.com>.