Posted to dev@allura.apache.org by Dave Brondsema <br...@users.sf.net> on 2014/01/06 20:13:47 UTC

[allura:tickets] #7005 allura.tasks.repo_tasks.clone clobbers Project record

- **Size**:  --> 2

---

** [tickets:#7005] allura.tasks.repo_tasks.clone clobbers Project record**

**Status:** open
**Created:** Wed Dec 18, 2013 04:30 PM UTC by Dave Brondsema
**Last Updated:** Wed Dec 18, 2013 04:30 PM UTC
**Owner:** nobody

It appears that the allura.tasks.repo_tasks.clone task flushes the Project record at the end, and since that task can take a very long time, any updates (e.g. to project description) get lost when it saves the old project document back to mongo.

I haven't duplicated this in development, but here's what happened on sourceforge:

* Google Code import was used; `import_project_info` task ran at 2013/12/17 04:54:38 https://sourceforge.net/nf/admin/task_manager/view/52afd90dc4314373398546ad
* Repo clone started at 2013/12/17 04:54:39 https://sourceforge.net/nf/admin/task_manager/view/52afd90e34309d0fdc251462
* short description was manually set, at 2013-12-17 06:07:16 (per Audit Log)
* Repo clone finished at 2013/12/17 07:32:09 and currently the short description is empty.

I didn't find any other tasks with the specific project_id that completed after 06:07:16, so I believe it's the repo clone task at fault.

---

Sent from sourceforge.net because allura-dev@incubator.apache.org is subscribed to https://sourceforge.net/p/allura/tickets/