Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Ivan Levchenko <le...@gmail.com> on 2008/02/03 00:15:17 UTC

[users@httpd] apache reaches MaxClients just about after start

Hello All,

Something strange is happening with my apache... just after start,
apache reaches maxclients and stops to respond. The site has a pretty
good load, max clients are set to 150, and still, just after the
apache is started, the site is not responding, and in the error log -
maxclient exceeded.

trying to use mod_status, but it doesn't show me anything good.

What can i try to get it back to life?

Re: [users@httpd] apache reaches MaxClients just about after start

Posted by Ivan Levchenko <le...@gmail.com>.
It looks like I was getting ddosed.

I restarted apache in the morning, everything was ok.

mod_status wasn't able to show anything - apache just hung there.
The access logs got a couple of hundred requests under a minute and
stopped writing anything.

On Feb 4, 2008 2:31 AM, Joshua Slive <jo...@slive.ca> wrote:

> On Feb 2, 2008 6:15 PM, Ivan Levchenko <le...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > Hello All,
> >
> > Something strange is happening with my apache... just after start,
> > apache reaches maxclients and stops to respond. The site has a pretty
> > good load, max clients are set to 150, and still, just after the
> > apache is started, the site is not responding, and in the error log -
> > maxclient exceeded.
> >
> > trying to use mod_status, but it doesn't show me anything good.
> >
> > What can i try to get it back to life?
>
> What exactly does mod_status show? What does your access_log show? Is
> it possible that you have 150 clients showing up, or is there
> something else happening?

Best Regards,

Ivan Levchenko
levchenko.i@gmail.com