Posted to dev@hc.apache.org by "Mahamood, Saad (SD)" <Sa...@wales.gsi.gov.uk> on 2004/05/11 14:31:15 UTC

HTTP 302 Console output handle question

Hello all!

I'm currently developing an application that uses the HTTPClient library.
I've found that whilst using it to return the status codes of URI's that
when it encouters a 302 return code it also gives out additional information
on the console as well:

10-May-2004 12:32:46 org.apache.commons.httpclient.HttpMethodBase
checkValidRedirect
WARNING: Error getting URI host
org.apache.commons.httpclient.HttpException: Redirect from host
www.bgis.gov.bb to www.barbados.gov.bb is not supported
	at
org.apache.commons.httpclient.HttpMethodBase.checkValidRedirect(HttpMethodBa
se.java:1243)
	at
org.apache.commons.httpclient.HttpMethodBase.processRedirectResponse(HttpMet
hodBase.java:1191)
	at
org.apache.commons.httpclient.HttpMethodBase.isRetryNeeded(HttpMethodBase.ja
va:977)
	at
org.apache.commons.httpclient.HttpMethodBase.execute(HttpMethodBase.java:109
5)
	at
org.apache.commons.httpclient.HttpClient.executeMethod(HttpClient.java:675)
	at
org.apache.commons.httpclient.HttpClient.executeMethod(HttpClient.java:529)
	at URLStatusCheck.run(URLStatusCheck.java:57)
	at FrontGUI$TimerListen.actionPerformed(FrontGUI.java:292)
	at javax.swing.Timer.fireActionPerformed(Unknown Source)
	at javax.swing.Timer$DoPostEvent.run(Unknown Source)
	at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpOneEventForHierarchy(Unknown
Source)
	at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForHierarchy(Unknown
Source)
10-May-2004 12:32:46 org.apache.commons.httpclient.HttpMethodBase
processRedirectResponse
WARNING: Invalid Redirect URI from: http://www.bgis.gov.bb:80/ to:
http://www.barbados.gov.bb/bgis.htm

My question is, how do I get a handle on this output within in my code?
Since I want to be  able to display to the end user the redirected website
that they should be referencing to.

The website below talks somthing about logging, but again I have no idea how
to use it:

http://jakarta.apache.org/commons/httpclient/logging.html

Thanks for you time!

Cheers,

Saad.

The original of this email was scanned for viruses by the Government Secure Intranet (GSi) virus scanning service supplied exclusively by Energis in partnership with MessageLabs.

On leaving the GSi this email was certified virus-free

Re: HTTP 302 Console output handle question

Posted by Ortwin Glück <or...@nose.ch>.

Mahamood, Saad (SD) wrote:
> org.apache.commons.httpclient.HttpException: Redirect from host
> www.bgis.gov.bb to www.barbados.gov.bb is not supported

> WARNING: Invalid Redirect URI from: http://www.bgis.gov.bb:80/ to:
> http://www.barbados.gov.bb/bgis.htm

> My question is, how do I get a handle on this output within in my code?
> Since I want to be  able to display to the end user the redirected website
> that they should be referencing to.

Please read:

http://jakarta.apache.org/commons/httpclient/redirects.html

> The website below talks somthing about logging, but again I have no idea how
> to use it:

Please refer to the Commons Logging and the Log4J websites.