Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by "P. Dwayne Miller" <dm...@espgroup.net> on 2003/05/06 15:01:20 UTC

[users@httpd] Redirect question

Currently, we have an F5 LoadBalancer with SSL accelerator installed in
front of the web server.  The F5 is handling requests for
https://my.domain.com and the web server sees requests on port 80.  If
the user sends a request without the trailing slash (i.e.
https://my.domain.com/order, where order is a directory), a redirect
occurs from the web server, but it seems to redirect the client browser
back to http://my.domain.com/order/.  This request does not connect as
port 80 is blocked at the firewall.

The questions is... is this something that I need to set up in the
Apache config to cause the redirect to be properly written to https?  Or
something that the F5 should be handling.

Tks,
Dwayne