Posted to dev@openoffice.apache.org by Marcus <ma...@wtnet.de> on 2016/10/15 08:43:32 UTC

[RELEASE COOKBOOK] Adding and structuring the content

Am 10/14/2016 12:11 AM, schrieb Keith N. McKenna:
> Marcus wrote:

> Great. Thanks Marcus.

just to let you know:
I've added a lot of stuff and added also some structure and formatting.
But just to not loose the overview. ;-)

Of course this doesn't mean that this structure has to be used. We are
still free to change where it is necessary or looks better.

Marcus

Re: [RELEASE COOKBOOK] Adding and structuring the content

Posted by Marcus <ma...@wtnet.de>.
Am 10/15/2016 10:44 AM, schrieb Patricia Shanahan:

> On 10/15/2016 1:43 AM, Marcus wrote:

>>> Great. Thanks Marcus.
>>
>> just to let you know:
>> I've added a lot of stuff and added also some structure and formatting.
>> But just to not loose the overview. ;-)
>>
>> Of course this doesn't mean that this structure has to be used. We are
>> still free to change where it is necessary or looks better.
>
> I'm doing a little editing right now, and it looks good to me at least
> as an interim structure.

great, for the moment I'm done.

Posted by Patricia Shanahan <pa...@acm.org>.

Posted by Marcus <ma...@wtnet.de>.
Am 10/15/2016 11:18 AM, schrieb J�rg Schmidt:

> I can see that the English press release is to be published in the blog.
>
> questions:
> ----------
> 1. Is it really only published there? Is there no press distributor(*) at the ASF?
>
> (*) in german: "Presseverteiler"

I pretty sure it was not only a blog post but also a mail to several
press agencies and similar recipients.

This is managed by Sally as current ASF press representative. To be sure
you can ask her to get the answer you want. AFAIK we don't know these
details.

> 2. Where will the translated press releases be published?
> Imho:
> in the wiki and they should be linked to the local pages (for example http://www.openoffice.org/en/)

It depends on what we want. But the work done for the 4.1.3
announcements seems to me a good step forward to a solution.