Posted to user@ant.apache.org by Lawrence Mandel <lm...@ca.ibm.com> on 2003/12/04 21:50:12 UTC

WSDL validator Ant Task

I'm posting this message about the WSDL validation Ant Task to get some
feedback on the task and to get the task added to the list of external
tools and tasks.

The Web Service Validation Tools project (http://www.eclipse.org/wsvt) has
a WSDL validator Ant task. This task allows validation of WSDL documents in
a similar manner as the optional XMLValidate Ant task validates XML
documents. This task will also validate against the WS-I Basic Profile 1.0.

Having correct WSDL documents is essential when publishing a Web service.
This task provides the ability to validate the WSDL documents in a project
during the build stage and fail if a file is determined to be invalid.

More information is available on the WSDL validator task at
http://dev.eclipse.org/viewcvs/indextech.cgi/~checkout~/wsvt-home/docs/articles/wsdl20Validator/wsdlvalidateant.html.

Thanks,

Lawrence Mandel

Here is a patch for the external.xml file.

<subsection name="WSDLValidate">
href="http://dev.eclipse.org/viewcvs/indextech.cgi/~checkout~/wsvt-home/docs/articles/wsdl20Validator/wsdlvalidateant.html">WSDLValidate</a>
 is similar in configuration to the optional Ant task <a
href="http://ant.apache.org/manual/OptionalTasks/xmlvalidate.html">XMLValidate</a>.
 WSDLValidate can optionally validate a WSDL document against the <a
href="http://www.ws-i.org">WS-I Basic Profile</a>.
command line utility.</p>
            <th>Compatibility:</th>
            <th>URL:</th>