Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by Jennifer Kesterson <Je...@jpl.nasa.gov> on 2006/11/01 22:35:17 UTC

Setting eol-style in client config before initial import didn't work

        Hello,

         In my $HOME/.subversion/config file I have the following
properties set, with auto-props
         turned on:

        * = svn:keywords=Id
       * = svn:eol-style=native

I created a new repository and imported the tree to the trunk, with
those settings already in place in the config file.  This morning, I
wanted to checked the properties so I selected the top-level
Makefile.  I ran 'svn proplist Makefile'.

It listed the keyword property, but not the eol-style property.  So,
I manually set the eol-style property on Makefile, then did 'svn
proplist Makefile' again.  This time, it listed both properties.  I
checked another source code file of a different type, in a different
directory, and the same is true with that one too.

Why wasn't the eol-style property set if the properties were defined
in my local config file before the import?

Is this property not set on the initial import?  Is a hook script
*required* to make it work?  I searched the archives and found
comments saying "You can use a hook script....", but nothing that
says that additional step is required.

Currently this is not a show-stopper because development will most
likely not be done in a cross-platform environment.   However, we'd
like to have the property set on the files in case the need ever arises.

Thanks
Jen

Re: Setting eol-style in client config before initial import didn't work

Posted by Jennifer Kesterson <Je...@jpl.nasa.gov>.

>>In my $HOME/.subversion/config file I have the following properties
>>set, with auto-props
>>         turned on:
>>
>>        * = svn:keywords=Id
>>       * = svn:eol-style=native
>>
>>I created a new repository and imported the tree to the trunk, with
>>those settings already in place in the config file.  This morning,
>>I wanted to checked the properties so I selected the top-level
>>Makefile.  I ran 'svn proplist Makefile'.
>>
>>It listed the keyword property, but not the eol-style property.
>
>[snip]
>
>I believe you must do each extension match all on one line, e.g.:
>
>* = svn:keywords=Id;svn:eol-style=native

Yep, that's what I needed to do.  Just for fun, I experimented
changing the order of the properties.  Only the second (last) one was
picked up.  Adding them both to the same line for the same file type
is the only thing that worked.

Thanks!

Re: Setting eol-style in client config before initial import didn't work

Posted by Ryan Schmidt <su...@ryandesign.com>.