Posted to server-user@james.apache.org by Mike Lepore <mi...@gmail.com> on 2017/06/27 16:35:41 UTC

James 3.0 RC1, migration utility?

Is there any migration utility available that can convert email messages
from James 2 to James 3?  How about a utility that can convert james 2
mailet config to james 3 mailet config?

thanks,
Michael Lepore
michael.lepore.work@gmail.com

Re: James 3.0 RC1, migration utility?

Posted by Benoit Tellier <bt...@linagora.com>.
Hi,

As stated in http://james.apache.org/server/upgrade-2.3.html

> We are also not supporting this migration process.
> You can try it, but be sure to check that everything is correct.
>
> The migration will be provided and fully supported in 3.1 release.
>
> If you can't wait for the next release, we advise you to use external
mail migration tools such as imapsync or popsync

Does it answers your question?

Cheers,

Benoit