Posted to dev@tuscany.apache.org by Jean-Sebastien Delfino <js...@apache.org> on 2007/02/10 00:06:16 UTC

Status of the databinding-test module?

Module sca/services/databinding/databinding-test is commented out of the
build.

What is the status of this test module? Should we try to fix it and make
it build again?

It does not build at the moment as it depends on databinding-axiom which
I can't find under services/databinding... or has it moved to
sca/extensions/axis2/databinding?

Jean-Sebastien

Re: Status of the databinding-test module?

Posted by Dan Murphy <dm...@googlemail.com>.
Did a resync and re-mvn'd... seems ok now... I guess this got fixed as a
result of the version # updates late last week / weekend.

Whilst looking at them I was wondering about possible enchnacements and it
seems like there are a couple of possible improvements that could be made
(though please correct me if I'm wrong or focusing on something
unimportant)...

1) Increate the range of data used (tests only run against a single instance
of an "IPO" object)
2) Add a more detailed comparitor for the results of the transforms...
currently it looks like the test cases check that a class of the expected
type is returned, but not the contents of the returned class. In the current
test case, it does look ok (I set a breakpoint and manually checked the data
structures) - perhaps we could also check that no data is lost in the
transforms.

WDYT ? Anyone planning on enhancing the tests, or shall I go ahead with
these two enhancements ?

Posted by Jean-Sebastien Delfino <js...@apache.org>.

Posted by Dan Murphy <dm...@googlemail.com>.

Posted by Jean-Sebastien Delfino <js...@apache.org>.
[snip]

Posted by Dan Murphy <dm...@googlemail.com>.
Opps sorry - should has read does build (forgot to extentions, do this and
it works)

Posted by Dan Murphy <dm...@googlemail.com>.
Hi Sebastian,