Posted to dev@geronimo.apache.org by Emerson Cargnin <ec...@bol.com.br> on 2003/10/29 07:38:02 UTC

eclipse/geronimo config how-to and conf files

I've made a how-to to configure geronimo on eclipse and enable eclipse to
debug geronimo.

I know that maven have a plugin that generates eclipse's .classpath and
.project, but it works only  per module.

 I have a configuration file for eclipse that get's all modules and a
configuration of classpath variables of needed jar's, gotten from maven
repository, and the configuration needed to run geronimo inside eclipse
allowing it to be debbuged.
I think the eclipse configuration files could be left at CVS, so it would be
easier for someone to get along from checkout.
Please send your comments and feedback. Needless to say that as geronimo
project evolves, this how to will be updated. Maybe I'll create a PDF
version to ease reading :)

The how-to is at:
http://echofloripa.sytes.net/personalblog/index.do?post=297e2d2bf881460a00f8868a69510020
Emerson Cargnin
http://echofloripa.sytes.net/

Re: eclipse/geronimo config how-to and conf files

Posted by "Preston L.Bannister" <pr...@cox.net>.
Not that my vote counts :) but I'd vote for this.  Eclipse is free, cross-platform, and one of the very best IDEs.

For those of you who have not yet tried Eclipse, the learning curve is a bit steep, but worth the investment.  The Eclipse-specific footprint is very small and as Eclipse uses Ant, we're still all using the same build system.

Posted by Hiram Chirino <hi...@coredevelopers.net>.
Great idea.  +1 from me.

Regards,
Hiram

Posted by Dain Sundstrom <da...@coredevelopers.net>.
On Friday, October 31, 2003, at 12:53 PM, Emerson Cargnin wrote:

> Sorry for my computer was out of the internet (it hosts my blog ). My
> city,
> Florianópolis a beautiful little island in the south of brazil had a
> blackout cause by the burning of a cable that transmits energy to the
> island. Three days with no energy at all, funny!!! :) With no
> conditions to
> work, it allow me to go to the beach all the three days (it's having a
> international surf contest WCT). The light has just come back : ) Now
> I know
> how people form NY felt in their blackout.
>
> Should I create a patch with with the files and a eclipse_readme.txt
> file
> and post to JIRA?

Yes.

-dain

/*************************
  * Dain Sundstrom
  * Partner
  * Core Developers Network
  *************************/

Re: eclipse/geronimo config how-to and conf files

> As an eclipse user I'd find it incredibly useful if we could checkin
> the eclipse project files into the root incubator-geronimo directory.
> Especially since the eclipse project files are hidden on unix, so users
> of other IDEs wouldn't see them. And its only in the root directory
> that we should do this...
>

> On Wednesday, October 29, 2003, at 06:38  am, Emerson Cargnin wrote:
>
> > I've made a how-to to configure geronimo on eclipse and enable eclipse
> > debug geronimo.
> >
> > I know that maven have a plugin that generates eclipse's .classpath and
> > .project, but it works only  per module.
> >
> >  I have a configuration file for eclipse that get's all modules and a
> > configuration of classpath variables of needed jar's, gotten from maven
> > repository, and the configuration needed to run geronimo inside eclipse
> > allowing it to be debbuged.
> > I think the eclipse configuration files could be left at CVS, so it
> > would be
> > easier for someone to get along from checkout.
> > Please send your comments and feedback. Needless to say that as
> > geronimo
> > project evolves, this how to will be updated. Maybe I'll create a PDF
> > version to ease reading :)
> >
> > The how-to is at:
> > http://echofloripa.sytes.net/personalblog/
> > index.do?post=297e2d2bf881460a00f8868a69510020
> > Emerson Cargnin
> > http://echofloripa.sytes.net/
> >

> James
> -------
> http://radio.weblogs.com/0112098/

---

Re: eclipse/geronimo config how-to and conf files

Posted by James Strachan <ja...@yahoo.co.uk>.
Nice work.

As an eclipse user I'd find it incredibly useful if we could checkin
the eclipse project files into the root incubator-geronimo directory.
Especially since the eclipse project files are hidden on unix, so users
of other IDEs wouldn't see them. And its only in the root directory
that we should do this...

On Wednesday, October 29, 2003, at 06:38  am, Emerson Cargnin wrote:

> I've made a how-to to configure geronimo on eclipse and enable eclipse
> debug geronimo.
>
> I know that maven have a plugin that generates eclipse's .classpath and
> .project, but it works only  per module.
>
>  I have a configuration file for eclipse that get's all modules and a
> configuration of classpath variables of needed jar's, gotten from maven
> repository, and the configuration needed to run geronimo inside eclipse
> allowing it to be debbuged.
> I think the eclipse configuration files could be left at CVS, so it
> would be
> easier for someone to get along from checkout.
> Please send your comments and feedback. Needless to say that as
> geronimo
> project evolves, this how to will be updated. Maybe I'll create a PDF
> version to ease reading :)
>
> The how-to is at:
> http://echofloripa.sytes.net/personalblog/
> index.do?post=297e2d2bf881460a00f8868a69510020
> Emerson Cargnin
> http://echofloripa.sytes.net/

James
-------