Posted to general@incubator.apache.org by Justin Mclean <ju...@me.com> on 2018/09/01 00:15:05 UTC

Re: Dealing with Unresponsive Mentors

HI,

> I increasingly tend to agree. However, if we put the onus on PPMCs to police inactive mentors, there should probably be a documented process in place (which it is [1]).

If mentors can’t sign off reports on a frequent basis I think the PPMC should ask for them to be replaced. If they are not doing that then it likely they are not doing anything else. Some podling have under a 50% sign off rate [1]. It was suggest that we send out some emails a few months back to podling with possible inactive mentors/ possible inactive mentors, I think that probably a better idea than asking PPMCs to tell us as as you say they may be reluctant to do so.

Thanks,
Justin

1. https://whimsy.apache.org/incubator/signoff.cgi#bypodling