Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Tamás Cservenák <t....@gmail.com> on 2007/10/01 02:11:57 UTC

Re: uploading jars to a internal repository using "mvn deploy"

Hello,

you could try to use WebDAV (confgure it as build extension in mvn
2.0.7) and point the repo URL to address:

http://devserver1:9999/px-webapp/dav/inhouse

Hope helps,
~t~

Posted by "owen@aus" <ow...@yahoo.com.au>.

cstamas wrote:

> you could try to use WebDAV (confgure it as build extension in mvn
> 2.0.7) and point the repo URL to address:
> http://devserver1:9999/px-webapp/dav/inhouse

Thank you so much for that suggestion!! it got me that little closer to the
answer, which seems to be (notice the 'dav:http://' rather than just
'http://'):

<distributionManagement>
  <repository>
    <id>deployserver</id>
    <url>dav:http://devserver1:9990/px-webapp/dav/inhouse</url>
  </repository>
</distributionManagement>

Although, i managed to do the same thing using:
    <url>scpexe://192.168.0.157/home/owen/proximity/inhouse/storage</url>
and having a
http://maven.apache.org/ref/current/maven-settings/settings.html#class_server
server   defined in my setting.xml with the location of my public key (NOTE:
password would not work in this server tag when doing a deploy, i think its
a bug). But using scp is a pain, because you have to create scp accounts and
keys etc. The only thing is, for some strange reason, the dav seems to take
a lot longer - like 2min instead of scp, which takes a few seconds to deploy
the jars to the company repository.

And for those who have stumbled over this looking for help, to use the
distributionManagement tag mentioned above, you will need to also add to the
pom.xml the following:

  <build>
	<extensions>
		<extension>
			<groupId>org.apache.maven.wagon</groupId>
			<artifactId>wagon-ssh-external</artifactId>
			<version>1.0-alpha-5</version>
		</extension>
		<extension>
			<groupId>org.apache.maven.wagon</groupId>
			<artifactId>wagon-webdav</artifactId>
			<version>1.0-beta-2</version>
		</extension>
      </extensions>
   </build>

Thanks,
Owen.

Re: uploading jars to a internal repository using "mvn deploy"

Posted by "owen@aus" <ow...@yahoo.com.au>.

cstamas wrote:

> you could try to use WebDAV (confgure it as build extension in mvn
> 2.0.7) and point the repo URL to address:
> http://devserver1:9999/px-webapp/dav/inhouse

Thank you so much for that suggestion!! it got me that little closer to the
answer, which seems to be (notice the 'dav:http://' rather than just
'http://'):

<distributionManagement>
  <repository>
    <id>deployserver</id>
    <url>dav:http://devserver1:9990/px-webapp/dav/inhouse</url>
  </repository>
</distributionManagement>

Although, i managed to do the same thing using:

<url>scpexe://192.168.0.157/home/owen/proximity/inhouse.snapshot/storage</url>