Posted to dev@trafficserver.apache.org by Phil Sorber <so...@apache.org> on 2013/08/04 15:32:34 UTC

Re: Alternative to TSHttpConnect ?

On Thu, May 2, 2013 at 1:49 PM, James Peach <jp...@apache.org> wrote:

> On May 2, 2013, at 12:45 PM, BRA Lento <gl...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Hi devs,
> >
> >   Since TSHttpConnect is broken with share_server_sessions = 2.
>
> Really? What happens?
>

> >   Is there other option to start a download through TS ?
> >   In my case, share_server_sessions = 1 cause some problems.
> >   My server is under very high load, and i think that this load with
> > share_server = 1
> >   cause some problems.
> >   Does anyone know another function to implement ?
> >   Thanks in advance.
> >
> > Bob

We've seen the same thing. rfc5861 plugin is a good example. I haven't had
time to track down this issue, but one of our guys came up with a patch to
work around it. In the code path of the second request we run:

TSHttpTxnConfigIntSet(txn, TS_CONFIG_HTTP_SHARE_SERVER_SESSIONS, 1)

You can tell if you are in the second request code path
with TSHttpIsInternalRequest(txn).