Posted to server-user@james.apache.org by "Clark, Ben" <Be...@transora.com> on 2002/08/23 20:53:52 UTC

The SMTP AUTH issue

I was wading through the archives and found Peter's fix for this and assumed that has been implemented in James 2.1a1 but I'm still having problems with some clients (Ximian's Evolution and Netscape 4.72-ish Mail).

Has the SMTP AUTH fix (Bug 6340) been implemented in 2.1a1?

If not, can anyone tell me how I can figure out where to paste the fix? It looks like the doAUTH code has already been patched, but my Java is weak enough that I could be wrong.

If the bug has been fixed, does anyone know why these clients might still fail? Eudora and Outlook Express work fine.

Thanks,

Ben Clark

RE: The SMTP AUTH issue

Posted by "Peter M. Goldstein" <pe...@yahoo.com>.
Ben,

It's been implemented in the current code base (latest CVS head and the
recent milestone build).  I suggest you turn the SMTP server logging to
debug mode and send the logs to the list for general examination.

--Peter