Posted to user@geronimo.apache.org by Łukasz Budnik <lu...@gmail.com> on 2008/02/12 13:53:14 UTC

Unable to obtain physical connection to DB2XA

Hi All!

There are many IBM employees among commiters, so I hope they can help
with this problem ;)

I'm migrating from G2.0.0 to G2.0.2.

As a data source I'm using DB2 v9.
Data source is deployed as application-scope.

In Geronimo 2.0.0 I was using JDBC API, in Geronimo 2.0.2 I'm using JPA.

Everything looks good: application is deployed, application-scoped
pool is created, entity manager is injected:

@PostConstruct
void initialize() {
	System.out.println("Injected? " + (em != null));
}

displays:

Injected? true

But when running application I get:

13:43:36,109 ERROR [MCFConnectionInterceptor] Error occurred creating
ManagedConnection for
org.apache.geronimo.connector.outbound.ConnectionInfo@16622e1
javax.resource.spi.ResourceAdapterInternalException: Unable to obtain
physical connection to com.ibm.db2.jcc.DB2XADataSource@34a988
	at org.tranql.connector.jdbc.AbstractXADataSourceMCF.getPhysicalConnection(AbstractXADataSourceMCF.java:76)
	at org.tranql.connector.db2.XAMCF.createManagedConnection(XAMCF.java:59)
	at org.apache.geronimo.connector.outbound.MCFConnectionInterceptor.getConnection(MCFConnectionInterceptor.java:48)
	at org.apache.geronimo.connector.outbound.LocalXAResourceInsertionInterceptor.getConnection(LocalXAResourceInsertionInterceptor.java:41)
	at org.apache.geronimo.connector.outbound.SinglePoolConnectionInterceptor.internalGetConnection(SinglePoolConnectionInterceptor.java:67)
	at org.apache.geronimo.connector.outbound.AbstractSinglePoolConnectionInterceptor.getConnection(AbstractSinglePoolConnectionInterceptor.java:78)
	at org.apache.geronimo.connector.outbound.TransactionEnlistingInterceptor.getConnection(TransactionEnlistingInterceptor.java:46)
	at org.apache.geronimo.connector.outbound.TransactionCachingInterceptor.getConnection(TransactionCachingInterceptor.java:88)
	at org.apache.geronimo.connector.outbound.ConnectionHandleInterceptor.getConnection(ConnectionHandleInterceptor.java:43)
	at org.apache.geronimo.connector.outbound.TCCLInterceptor.getConnection(TCCLInterceptor.java:39)
	at org.apache.geronimo.connector.outbound.ConnectionTrackingInterceptor.getConnection(ConnectionTrackingInterceptor.java:66)
	at org.apache.geronimo.connector.outbound.AbstractConnectionManager.allocateConnection(AbstractConnectionManager.java:87)
	at org.tranql.connector.jdbc.DataSource.getConnection(DataSource.java:56)
	at org.apache.openjpa.lib.jdbc.DelegatingDataSource.getConnection(DelegatingDataSource.java:106)

some more lines

	at org.tranql.connector.jdbc.AbstractXADataSourceMCF.getPhysicalConnection(AbstractXADataSourceMCF.java:74)
	... 105 more

13:43:36,156 ERROR [OpenEJB] The bean instances business method
encountered a system exception: [ibm][db2][jcc][10257][10960] Nie
można otworzyć pliku .
<openjpa-1.0.0-r420667:568756 fatal general error>
org.apache.openjpa.persistence.PersistenceException:
[ibm][db2][jcc][10257][10960] Nie można otworzyć pliku .
	at org.apache.openjpa.jdbc.sql.DBDictionaryFactory.newDBDictionary(DBDictionaryFactory.java:101)
	at org.apache.openjpa.jdbc.conf.JDBCConfigurationImpl.getDBDictionaryInstance(JDBCConfigurationImpl.java:569)
	at org.apache.openjpa.jdbc.meta.MappingRepository.endConfiguration(MappingRepository.java:1221)
	at org.apache.openjpa.lib.conf.Configurations.configureInstance(Configurations.java:467)

It uses Polish locale, but the message: "Nie można otworzyć pliku ." says:
"Cannot open file ."

Which file?

There has to be some kind of error. But where Tranql? Geronimo? OpenJPA? ;)

any ideas?

best regards
Łukasz

Re: Unable to obtain physical connection to DB2XA

Posted by David Jencks <da...@yahoo.com>.
hmmm, thats rather strange, I don't think the classes for the local
db2 wrapper actually exist.  I think you should use the xa wrapper only.

thanks
david jencks

On Feb 12, 2008, at 2:51 PM, Łukasz Budnik wrote:

> Sorry,
>
> it's so late, I should be in bed by now ;)
>
> I remembered not setting the TraceFile property in the deployment
> plan.
>
> Well it's true up to a point ;)
>
> I defined it, but I did not assign a value to it, if removed or
> commented out:
>
> <!-- <config-property-setting name="TraceFile"/>  -->
>
> the tranql-connector-db2-local-1.2-20080212.204755-1.rar works!
>
> So both tranql db2 wrappers work ;)
>
> best regards, sleep well ;)
> Łukasz
>

> On 12/02/2008, Łukasz Budnik <lu...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Hi David!
>>
>> I've tested both wrappers.
>>
>> here are the results:
>>
>>> http://snapshots.repository.codehaus.org/org/tranql/tranql-
>>> connector-db2-local/1.2-SNAPSHOT/tranql-connector-db2-
> [...]
>> [GAttributeInfo: name=objectName type=java.lang.String
>> persistent=false manageable=false readable=true writable=false
>> getterName=getObjectName setterName=null]
>> [GAttributeInfo: name=UserName type=java.lang.String persistent=true
>> manageable=true readable=true writable=true getterName=null
>> setterName=null]
>> [GAttributeInfo: name=configProperties type=java.util.Map
>> persistent=false manageable=false readable=true writable=false
>> getterName=getConfigProperties setterName=null]
>> [GAttributeInfo: name=connectionFactoryInterface
>> type=java.lang.String
>> persistent=true manageable=true readable=true writable=false
>> getterName=getConnectionFactoryInterface setterName=null]
>> [GAttributeInfo: name=connectionFactoryImplClass
>> type=java.lang.String
>> persistent=true manageable=true readable=true writable=false
>> getterName=getConnectionFactoryImplClass setterName=null]
>> [GAttributeInfo: name=PortNumber type=java.lang.Integer
>> persistent=true manageable=true readable=true writable=true
>> getterName=null setterName=null]
>> [GAttributeInfo: name=ServiceName type=java.lang.String
>> persistent=true manageable=true readable=true writable=true
>> getterName=null setterName=null]
>> [GAttributeInfo: name=DatabaseName type=java.lang.String
>> persistent=true manageable=true readable=true writable=true
>> getterName=null setterName=null]
>> [GAttributeInfo: name=resourceAdapterWrapper
>> type=org.apache.geronimo.connector.ResourceAdapterWrapper
>> persistent=false manageable=false readable=true writable=false
>> getterName=getResourceAdapterWrapper setterName=null]
>> [GAttributeInfo: name=connectionFactory type=java.lang.Object
>> persistent=false manageable=false readable=true writable=false
>> getterName=getConnectionFactory setterName=null]
>> [GAttributeInfo: name=DataSourceName type=java.lang.String
>> persistent=true manageable=true readable=true writable=true
>> getterName=null setterName=null]
>> [GAttributeInfo: name=statisticsProvider type=boolean
>> persistent=false
>> manageable=false readable=true writable=false
>> getterName=isStatisticsProvider setterName=null]
>> [GAttributeInfo: name=managedConnectionFactoryClass
>> type=java.lang.String persistent=true manageable=true readable=true
>> writable=false getterName=getManagedConnectionFactoryClass
>> setterName=null]
>> [GAttributeInfo: name=Password type=java.lang.String persistent=true
>> manageable=true readable=true writable=true getterName=null
>> setterName=null]
>> [GAttributeInfo: name=ServerName type=java.lang.String
>> persistent=true
>> manageable=true readable=true writable=true getterName=null
>> setterName=null]
>> [GAttributeInfo: name=connectionImplClass type=java.lang.String
>> persistent=true manageable=true readable=true writable=false
>> getterName=getConnectionImplClass setterName=null]
>>

>> for the record, I'm not using TraceFile in my deployment plan.

>>> connector-db2-xa/1.2-SNAPSHOT/tranql-connector-db2-

Posted by Łukasz Budnik <lu...@gmail.com>.
Sorry,

Posted by Łukasz Budnik <lu...@gmail.com>.
Hi David!

Posted by David Jencks <da...@yahoo.com>.
I've deployed snapshots of the latest tranql db2 wrappers at

http://snapshots.repository.codehaus.org/org/tranql/tranql-connector-
db2-local/1.2-SNAPSHOT/tranql-connector-db2-
local-1.2-20080212.204755-1.rar
and
http://snapshots.repository.codehaus.org/org/tranql/tranql-connector-
db2-xa/1.2-SNAPSHOT/tranql-connector-db2-xa-1.2-20080212.204755-1.rar

Could you try whichever of these is appropriate and see if it works?
I don't have db2 available and it would be great to get the code
tested before I release it.

thanks
david jencks

Posted by Łukasz Budnik <lu...@gmail.com>.