Posted to general@gump.apache.org by "Andrew C. Oliver" <ac...@apache.org> on 2003/07/17 19:45:11 UTC

Change Gump descriptor to 2.0....and more

Hi Guys,

I'm finally ready to start working on merging the poi-performance branch
with the head.  In order to do this, I'd like to make GUMP build the 2_0
branch.  I WILL be breaking the head for periods of time as I work my way
through some issues, but if I don't start committing chunks at a time, it
will never get done (because every time I do, I break something else when
someone changes something else...there's too much work).

Should we duplicate the gump descriptor and build both (sounds good)

--
Andrew C. Oliver

http://jakarta.apache.org/poi
For Java and Excel, Got POI?

Re: Change Gump descriptor to 2.0....and more

Posted by "Andrew C. Oliver" <ac...@apache.org>.
Doh I hit enter too soon...

On 7/17/03 1:45 PM, "Andrew C. Oliver" <ac...@apache.org> wrote:

 Hi Guys,

 I'm finally ready to start working on merging the poi-performance branch
 with the head.  In order to do this, I'd like to make GUMP build the 2_0
 branch.  I WILL be breaking the head for periods of time as I work my way
 through some issues, but if I don't start committing chunks at a time, it
 will never get done (because every time I do, I break something else when
 someone changes something else...there's too much work... I start and then
 have to start over by the time I get a chance to work on it again...).

 Should we duplicate the gump descriptor and build both (sounds good)

 Just change the descriptor to just check out the branch (sounds easy)

 Leave it alone and watch gump fail daily (sounds bad)

I don't plan to leave the build broken for days on end per se but certainly
things will fail here and there especially in the unit tests.

-Andy

--
Andrew C. Oliver

http://jakarta.apache.org/poi