Posted to dev@tomcat.apache.org by Georg von Zezschwitz <Ge...@de.uu.net> on 2001/01/23 16:25:00 UTC

Bug #823

Hi!

First - I was not able to reproduce the following bug.
I'd just suggest to decide whether my settings in
web.xml were correct and otherwise close the bug.

But here my original posting to BugRat:

I am unable to use tomcat 3.2.1 with PathInfo and Servlets. I
tried with Apache and the mod_jserv-Connector (from
Tomcat 3.2.1).

When specifing a servlet mapping like

..
 <servlet-name>net.xx.yy.myservlet</servlet-name>
 <url-pattern>/servlet/net.xx.yy.myservlet</url-pattern>
..

in web.xml I get a 404 from Tomcat when accessing URLs
like
   /servlet/net.xx.yy.myservlet/anyinformation

When specifing a mapping like

..
 <servlet-name>net.xx.yy.myservlet</servlet-name>
 <url-pattern>/servlet/net.xx.yy.myservlet/*</url-pattern>
..

the response was:

Internal Servlet Error:

java.lang.IllegalStateException: Can't happen - classname is null, who
added this ?
        at java.lang.Throwable.fillInStackTrace(Native Method)
        at java.lang.Throwable.fillInStackTrace(Compiled Code)
        at java.lang.Throwable.(Compiled Code)
        at java.lang.Exception.(Compiled Code)
        at java.lang.RuntimeException.(Compiled Code)
        at java.lang.IllegalStateException.(Compiled Code)
        at org.apache.tomcat.core.ServletWrapper.loadServlet(Compiled
Code)
        at org.apache.tomcat.core.ServletWrapper.init(Compiled Code)
        at org.apache.tomcat.core.Handler.service(Compiled Code)

As I guess every time a program says "this can't happen"
a bug is involved, I felt invited to report it as a bug

Regards,

Georg

--
Georg.von.Zezschwitz@de.uu.net       http://www.de.uu.net
Product Engineering                  UUNET Deutschland GmbH