Posted to dev@reef.apache.org by Markus Weimer <ma...@weimo.de> on 2017/11/17 00:52:24 UTC

[Announcement] REEF now Requires VS 2017

Hi,

as of a few minutes ago, REEF can only be compiled with VS 2017. If you
have not done so, please update your installations and build servers.

Welcome to the future :)

Markus

Re: [Announcement] REEF now Requires VS 2017

Posted by Scott Inglis <ms...@gmail.com>.
I agree that would be less risky and I think that should be possible.

Originally I did try to target the existing Bridge project but ran into a
number of issues - mainly related to using dotnet and targeting .net core.
If we were to instead only target the other frameworks and then target .net
core when BridgeCLR is ready, that may get us to a point where we can
integrate the VS2017 project files.

I am currently under a deadline with some other unrelated work, but I will
try to get to this as soon as possible (maybe this weekend?). If someone
wants to take a crack at it I can give all the details.

Thanks,

Scott

Posted by Markus Weimer <ma...@weimo.de>.

Posted by Scott Inglis <ms...@gmail.com>.
Hi Markus,

Assuming you are referring to the DotNet.csproj files -- unfortunately no,

Posted by Markus Weimer <ma...@weimo.de>.
Hi,

Posted by Byung-Gon Chun <bg...@gmail.com>.
Thanks for sharing it!