Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by JM Fraser <jm...@cybertrex.co.uk> on 2004/01/29 15:27:27 UTC

[users@httpd] Apache, FrontPage patch - access control file error

I'm using httpd-2.0.43 on RH9 and am trying to install the FrontPage
extensions patch. All goes well but just before the end after I enter in the
necessary login credentials for root, apache etc the system returns the
following error:

Chowning Content in service /.
Error: The access control file "/usr/html/sq/data/.htaccess" was not created
by
this client program and cannot be edited safely using this client program.
ERROR:  / installation failed.

Has anyone else had this? There was a site uploaded onto my server which was
written with FrontPage but I moved this out of the document root hence the
error above. Any help much appreciated as it has really taken an awful lot
to get this far! You try so hard to get away from MS products and then you
find you have to incorporate them into your box simply to please others...
thx. J