Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Michael Dearman <mi...@quarch.com> on 2009/07/10 13:09:29 UTC

[users@httpd] Apache serves css and images as empty files

Hi,

I'm running an intranet server with apache 2.2.10 on OpenSuse 11.1,
everything was running fine until I installed Avira server avguard (at least
i think that's what broke it).  Now when i try to access any webpages the
html is served correctly but css and images are returned as empty files.

There are no errors in the logs and the server is still serving our svn
version control correctly so other than this problem, apache seems to be
working fine.  The files are definitely there and there are no error
messages to suggest file access problems.  I'm out of ideas on how to fix it
and really don't want to re-install as svn is critical for us so I would
welcome some suggestions.

Thanks,

Mike

Re: [users@httpd] Apache serves css and images as empty files

Posted by Frank Gingras <fr...@gmail.com>.
Michael,

sendfile usually breaks when content is obtained from some sort of
network storage, or filesystem restrictions are applied.

My guess that is Avira changed something on your system to that effect.

Posted by Francois Gingras <fr...@gmail.com>.
Mike,