Posted to jetspeed-user@portals.apache.org by ba...@liga.net on 2006/05/12 11:55:58 UTC

How can I use "config" portlet mode in jetspeed portal?

Good day!

I need to use "config" portlet mode in jetspeed-2.

I've created portlet:
portlet.xml:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<portlet-app
      xmlns="http://java.sun.com/xml/ns/portlet/portlet-app_1_0.xsd"
      version="1.0" xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance"

xsi:schemaLocation="http://java.sun.com/xml/ns/portlet/portlet-app_1_0.xsd
http://java.sun.com/xml/ns/portlet/portlet-app_1_0.xsd">
      <portlet>
            <portlet-name>NewsLine</portlet-name>
            <display-name>News Line Portlet</display-name>
            <portlet-class>writer.WriterPortlet</portlet-class>
            <expiration-cache>-1</expiration-cache>
            <supports>
                  <mime-type>text/html</mime-type>
                  <portlet-mode>view</portlet-mode>
                  <portlet-mode>edit</portlet-mode>
                  <portlet-mode>config</portlet-mode>
            </supports>
            <supported-locale>en</supported-locale>
            <portlet-info>
                  <title>NewsLine</title>
                  <short-title>NewsLine</short-title>
                  <keywords>NewsLine</keywords>
            </portlet-info>
      </portlet>
</portlet-app>

jetspeed-portlet.xml:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<custom-portlet-mode>
      <name>admin</name>
      <mapped-name>config</mapped-name>
</custom-portlet-mode>

I've deployed this portlet to jetspeed-2 by dropping it in deploy folder
and have loged in as admin. But this portlet contains in its header only
view and edit modes, but not config mode. How can I use config mode in my
portlet?

Re: How can I use "config" portlet mode in jetspeed portal?

Posted by Randy Watler <wa...@wispertel.net>.
The 'config' mode is not native to J2. However, there is a way to
add/map new modes to J2. This feature is available in svn HEAD only. See
the following URL:

http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/JS2-524

HTH,

Randy