Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Tim Larson <ti...@yahoo.com> on 2004/01/05 21:06:21 UTC

Saxon config for Cocoon-2.1?

Anybody care to offer their working Saxon configuration
for Cocoon-2.1?

--Tim Larson

Re: Saxon config for Cocoon-2.1?

Posted by Joerg Heinicke <jo...@gmx.de>.
On 06.01.2004 20:18, J.Pietschmann wrote:

> Upayavira wrote:
>
>> as the Saxon XML parser is read-only
>

> ERROR: wrong nomenclature. It's the DOM implementation shipped in
> the Saxon jar which wont handle standard DOM writing operations.
>
> BTW I don't appreciate that many Cocoon parts unnecessarily rely
> on a writable DOM and _silently_eat_the_exceptions_thrown_! Has
> at least the latter been improved recently?

Samples?

Joerg

Re: Saxon config for Cocoon-2.1?

Posted by "J.Pietschmann" <j3...@yahoo.de>.
Upayavira wrote:
> as the Saxon XML parser is read-only

ERROR: wrong nomenclature. It's the DOM implementation shipped in
the Saxon jar which wont handle standard DOM writing operations.

BTW I don't appreciate that many Cocoon parts unnecessarily rely
on a writable DOM and _silently_eat_the_exceptions_thrown_! Has
at least the latter been improved recently?

J.Pietschmann

Re: Saxon config for Cocoon-2.1?

Posted by Upayavira <uv...@upaya.co.uk>.
Joerg Heinicke wrote:

> On 05.01.2004 21:06, Tim Larson wrote:
>
>> Anybody care to offer their working Saxon configuration
>> for Cocoon-2.1?
>>
>> --Tim Larson
>

> Wasn't Upayavira successful with getting Saxon to work?

Yup. Apart from the fact that I discovered some Xalan extensions in the
site I was trying to convert :-(

There's some instructions about it in:

http://wiki.cocoondev.org/Wiki.jsp?page=DocbookTransformation

You need to edit a file within the Saxon jar, as the Saxon XML parser is
read-only, and thus won't work with Cocoon, so you need to switch it
back to using Xerces. Otherwise, you just need to uncomment the Saxon
config in cocoon.xconf.

Good luck.

Upayavira

Re: Saxon config for Cocoon-2.1?