Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Tim Clotworthy <tc...@bka-inc.com> on 2003/04/09 22:17:41 UTC

what version of Apache web server are good for Tomcat4.1.x?

I'm trying to figure out appropriate version of Apache web server to use
for Tomcat4.1.x container. Can anyone offer recommendations? Thank you.

Re: what version of Apache web server are good for Tomcat4.1.x?

Posted by Richard Dunn <ri...@arkona.com>.
On Wednesday 09 April 2003 14:17, Tim Clotworthy wrote:
> I'm trying to figure out appropriate version of Apache web server to use
> for Tomcat4.1.x container. Can anyone offer recommendations? Thank you.

I would recommend the latest (2.0.45). That is what I am using - works great.
I am using the jk (not the jk2) connector. You may want to investigate the
jk2 connector for communicating between Apache http server and Tomcat (I
didn't have very good luck getting that to work, but jk worked fine). I would
probably not recommend the webapp connector as it apparently has limitiations
for having the static content served up by Apache instead of Tomcat.