Posted to modperl@perl.apache.org by Dan Axtell <da...@snet.net> on 2011/10/07 22:15:37 UTC

Building mod_perl 2.0.5

Hi,

I'm trying to upgrade some 64-bit Linux servers and though I'd upgrade Perl as
well.  I've built the latest Apache (2.0.21), Perl (5.14.2) and mod_perl
(2.0.5),  but mod_perl fails three tests:
api/request_rec
filter/out_str_reverse
err_headers_out

When I went ahead and installed this on a test server, some stuff worked but
some custom authentication handlers failed.

The last time I built everything from source I used Perl 5.10.1 and mod_perl
2.0.4, I believe.  Is there a recommended version of Perl to use  when
building mod_perl?

Thanks,
Dan

Re: Building mod_perl 2.0.5

Posted by Fred Moyer <fr...@redhotpenguin.com>.
On Friday, October 7, 2011 at 1:50 PM, Dan Axtell wrote:
> On Friday, October 07, 2011 04:35:08 pm Fred Moyer wrote:
> > On Fri, Oct 7, 2011 at 1:15 PM, Dan Axtell <daniel.axtell@snet.net (mailto:daniel.axtell@snet.net)> wrote:
> >
> > That version of Apache is the legacy 2.0.x branch. Any chance you can
> > upgrade to 2.2.x? Some of the authentication handling changed IIRC.
>
> I'm sorry, I meant to say I'm building Apache 2.2.21, mod_perl 2.0.5., perl
> 5.14.2 I wanted to upgrade Apache because of some of the recent security
> holes found.
In that case, you could run 'make test TEST_VERBOSE=1', and then post the t/log/error_logs content here.  Also the httpd configuration options.  Last time I worked with 64-bit I had to compile Perl with the -fPIC option.  mod_perl though should fail to build without Perl configured like that however.

Re: Building mod_perl 2.0.5

Posted by Dan Axtell <da...@snet.net>.

Re: Building mod_perl 2.0.5

Posted by Fred Moyer <fr...@redhotpenguin.com>.