Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Matt Corban <mt...@gmail.com> on 2009/06/16 18:04:33 UTC

Tomcat Memory Script

Do you know where I can find a shell script (not a jsp) that will monitor
the JVM and get me the same information as the Tomcat Manager does (free,
max, total)?  I am monitorijng a cluster of tomcats and need to keep track
of the free memory over time.  I have been looking for one and so far have
been unsuccessful.  Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Matt

Re: Tomcat Memory Script

Posted by Kees Jan Koster <kj...@gmail.com>.
Dear Matt,

> I am not too familiar with jmap, jstack or jinfo.  I could write a
> script
> that uses jmap to get the memory of the tomcat running and then
> store the
> necessary information in a log file.

That is an option, or you could use a tool that does that for you,
plus make nice graphs. Check out http://java-monitor.com and see http://java-monitor.com/forum/livedemo.php
  for a live demo. It should take you about five minutes to set up. If
it takes you longer, I'd love to hear why. :-)
--
Kees Jan

http://java-monitor.com/forum/
kjkoster@kjkoster.org
06-51838192

Change is good. Granted, it is good in retrospect, but change is good.

Re: Tomcat Memory Script

Posted by Matt Corban <mt...@gmail.com>.

Re: Tomcat Memory Script

Posted by Pid <p...@pidster.com>.
André Warnier wrote:
> Matt Corban wrote:
>> Do you know where I can find a shell script (not a jsp) that will monitor
>> the JVM and get me the same information as the Tomcat Manager does (free,
>> max, total)?  I am monitorijng a cluster of tomcats and need to keep
>> track
>> of the free memory over time.  I have been looking for one and so far
>> have
>> been unsuccessful.  Any suggestions?
>>
> Not sure it's exactly what you are looking for, but you may want to have
> a look at this :
> http://code.google.com/p/jmxsh/

Like:

 java/bin/jmap