Posted to dev@tomcat.apache.org by Richard Wan <ri...@servidium.com> on 2001/03/08 00:24:50 UTC

Re: Tomcat startup time

Petr Jiricka <pe...@netbeans.com> wrote:

> I noticed that the time to serve the first servlet or a JSP has increased
> dramatically. I traced this down to the initialization of
> java.security.SecureRandom, which is used for generating the session IDs.
On

is there a way to configure the server.xml file to force tomcat
to initialize the Secure Random Number Generator?

Currently we are using a plopping a .war file in the tomcat/webapps
directory to force the initialization.

Richard F. Wan
email: richardwan@servidium.com
Phone: 403 263 3287
Fax:  403 265 5690
Servidium Inc. Suite 800, 840 7th Ave SW
Calgary, Alberta, Canada T2P 3G2

RE: Tomcat startup time

Posted by Marc Saegesser <ma...@apropos.com>.
This has been fixed in 3.2.2 (currently in beta) and 4.0.  I think its fixed
in 3.3, too, but I'm not positive.