Posted to java-user@lucene.apache.org by Jim Lynch <jw...@sgi.com> on 2005/01/13 19:05:52 UTC

Search failed with a "File not found" error

I was indexing at the time and I was under the impression that was safe,
but it looks like the indexer may have removed a file that the search
was trying to access.  Is there something I should be doing to lock the

Jim.

java.io.FileNotFoundException: /db/lucene/oasis/Clarify_Closed/_2meu.fnm
(No such file or directory)
        at java.io.RandomAccessFile.<init>(RandomAccessFile.java:200)
        at
org.apache.lucene.store.FSInputStream$Descriptor.<init>(FSDirectory.java:376)
        at
org.apache.lucene.store.FSInputStream.<init>(FSDirectory.java:405)
        at
org.apache.lucene.store.FSDirectory.openFile(FSDirectory.java:268)
        at org.apache.lucene.index.FieldInfos.<init>(FieldInfos.java:53)
        at
org.apache.lucene.index.SegmentReader.initialize(SegmentReader.java:109)
        at
org.apache.lucene.index.SegmentReader.<init>(SegmentReader.java:94)
        at
org.apache.lucene.index.IndexReader$1.doBody(IndexReader.java:122)
        at org.apache.lucene.store.Lock$With.run(Lock.java:109)
        at org.apache.lucene.index.IndexReader.open(IndexReader.java:111)
        at org.apache.lucene.index.IndexReader.open(IndexReader.java:95)

Re: Search failed with a "File not found" error

Posted by Jim Lynch <jw...@sgi.com>.
I don't call optimize.  I suspect the indexer was since I was in the
middle of indexing some 200000 documents each averaging 30K bytes.

Jim.

Posted by Miles Barr <mi...@runtime-collective.com>.

--
Miles Barr <mi...@runtime-collective.com>