Posted to dev@cordova.apache.org by John Wargo <jo...@johnwargo.com> on 2013/08/22 13:46:03 UTC

core APIs and the CLI

I'm working on the part of my book that deals with the core APIs and I need some guidance on how things are supposed to work.

I noticed that if I added the Camera API plugin to a project, that the CLI manages adding the camera feature to the android project's config.xml file in res/xml/config.xml. If I remove the plugin, the settings are removed from the config.xml.

The documentation says that a setting is also required for the iOS config.xml, but in my testing, the CLI doesn't make that change for me. The Xcode project's config.xml doesn't change as I add and remove the Camera plugin.

So am I seeing an anomaly here or is this behavior as expected?  I assumed the CLI would take care of everything, but my testing here says otherwise. How's this supposed to work or what must the developer do? It doesn't make sense that the CLI would do this for Android and not iOS.

RE: core APIs and the CLI

Posted by "Wargo, John" <jo...@sap.com>.
I thought I did - I will setup a scenario and try it again.

John M. Wargo
SAP | Charlotte, NC | USA
Office: +1 704.321.0265 | Mobile: +1 704.249.7476
Email: john.wargo@sap.com
Are you sure you ran a "cordova prepare" in both cases? There should be a
<feature> tag for Camera on both platforms, as far as I know.

Braden

RE: core APIs and the CLI

Posted by Michael Sierra <ms...@adobe.com>.
To clarify, current doc doesn't specify a full path for the config.xml, which I'll fix throughout.  Safe to assume this issue applies to all features?  When using the CLI to add/rm features, the one in the <app> dir is modified.  But if you're using the SDK, isn't it the one in the www dir?  I agree the two should be consistent.  Otherwise wouldn't you experience problems using the CLI to bootstrap a project & add features, then hand it off to do further work within the SDK?

--Mike S

Posted by James Jong <wj...@gmail.com>.

RE: core APIs and the CLI

Re: core APIs and the CLI