Posted to muse-user@ws.apache.org by "Vinh Nguyen (vinguye2)" <vi...@cisco.com> on 2006/10/02 20:48:11 UTC

simple example

Hi all,
I'm new to the Muse project and am trying to start with the 2.0 samples.
But, I am having trouble getting the code to run in an Eclipse project.

1) It would be great if documentation included the required jars to
import. There's no docs that specify what packages are in which jars,
where the jars are located, or what external projects need to be linked.
It's also difficult to determine/locate the jars to import when the
names don't quite correspond to the code packages that are included in
them.

2) For the code sample on the following page, where is the
"MyServiceProxy" object coming from?  Just from the name, it looks like
something I have to implement, but I don't know where to start.
http://ws.apache.org/muse/docs/2.0.0/tutorial/08-test-client.html

Any help is appreciated in getting me up to speed quickly. Thanks!
-Vinh

Re: simple example

Posted by Daniel Jemiolo <da...@us.ibm.com>.
1. The project generation is modeled after the Eclipse WTP project format
(JavaSource and WebContent directories). If your project directory is
called 'myproject', and it contains the generated JavaSource and
WebContent, then you can import 'myproject' as a web project in Eclipse
WTP and all the JAR files in WEB-INF/lib will automatically be added to
your classpath. Just make sure that the new project you create has the web
project nature so that it gives you all the options for running on server,
etc.

The build.xml file that is generated allows you to create a WAR file using
Ant. If you've imported into Eclipse WTP, you can run/test the project on
a server without doing this WAR file creation explicitly.

2. If you provide the -proxy flag on the wsdl2java command line, it will
generate a proxy class for your WSDL. You shouldn't have to implement
anything. The code for the proxy class will be under $YOUR_PROJECT_DIR/src

Dan

"Vinh Nguyen \(vinguye2\)" <vi...@cisco.com> wrote on 10/02/2006
02:48:11 PM: